Do you have a New Year’s Resolution to have more family balance and be more organized at home in 2011? Here was HGTV's tips on staying organized on a weekly basis.
"STAY ORGANIZED CHECKLIST: WEEKLY
Grocery Shopping and Meal Planning
- Plan out the week's meals on Sunday afternoon and create a shopping list.
- Designate a time for coupon clipping and commit to it. Recycle unused coupons.
- Shop once a week for family meals, bringing your menu plan with you.
- Review the calendar for the week with other family members to ensure you have all appointments accounted for.
- Set up a routine schedule for dry cleaning. Many dry cleaners will pick up and deliver weekly; your office might offer a similar program.
- Attempt to do as much washing, folding and ironing before the week begins. This will save time during the week.
- Remove trash, and organize must-haves for the car.
- Find homes for everything that does not belong in your car."
Christy Geiger, Executive Business Coach & Trainer, Minneapolis, MN