Do you have a New Year’s Resolution to have more family balance and be more organized at home in 2011? Here was HGTV's tips on staying organized on a monthly basis.
"STAY ORGANIZED CHECKLIST: MONTHLY
- Pay bills once or twice a month or set up automatic payments for recurring bills such as the mortgage, utilities and credit cards.
- File paid bills in an accordion folder or similar filing system.
- Update your designated file for receipts pertaining to taxes and deductions.
- Make a bulk shopping trip. Buy household items such as paper goods, cleaning supplies and toiletries. Purchasing these standard items on a monthly basis will streamline weekly shopping.
- Review the calendar at the beginning of each month to plan for upcoming events or gift purchases."
Christy Geiger, Executive Business Coach & Trainer, Minneapolis, MN