Today’s rumination (inspired by the gifted wordsmith, Alexandra Franzen) is for those of you (like me) who sometimes over-extend, over-indulge, over-analyse what could happen or what’s already happened, undermine yourself + your actions, and then experience overt guilt and a severe case of un-productivity.
Over or under anything robs you of your experience of here & now & enough. It’s rooted in the nefarious notion that this moment, right here, right now, in all its magnificence, with everything it’s offering … just. isn’t. enough.
Here and now is all we have. It’s all we will ever have. And it’s more plenty enough for forward-traction. The Present. This is where the facts live. The facts of who you are, who you need to be, what needs to be done differently and what you have to work with to do it differently. It’s also where pro-active-ness lives. The present is where you have the resources, the momentum, the clarity, the tenacity, the awareness, the weight to make peace with the past and create + shape + influence what happens next. The present holds power.
What if we liberate ourselves from over-ing + under-ing, and get completely rooted in the present?
Even if for a single moment.
How about this moment?
HERE’S A COLLECTION OF 25+ SUTRAS AND MANTRAS YOU CAN RECITE TO YOURSELF TO BE HERE NOW ENOUGH:
(Pick one. Pick ‘em all. Or create your own. Recite + repeat as needed.)
- I focus on my breath. I breathe in life force. I breathe out everything I don’t need right now.
- I choose to release what does not serve me right now.
- I forgive myself for the things I cannot change. And now, I let them go.
- I did what I did, I knew what I knew, I said what I said. It is done.
- I did the best I could with what I had.
- The way it happened is the only way it could have happened.
- I release all fears and doubts.
- I choose to purge my past, drop my baggage and step fully into my here and now.
- Something needs to be done right now AND nothing needs to be done right now.
- I’ve done the exact and perfect amount of enough (that I was meant to do) today.
- I stand in the presence of possibility.
- Being quiet & still is the kindest thing I can do for me.
- I am great.full for this present moment and everything it offers me.
- I am centered. I am grounded. I am rooted.
- When I am centered, grounded + rooted, I hold the space for others to be the same.
- I will figure it out. For now, my mind is at peace.
- When I focus on the present moment, I open myself up to stillness and spontaneity, clarity and creativity.
- I am open and empty and present to receive Divine guidance. (and by Divine, I mean whatever inner or higher power you have faith in).
- Life never dishes out more than I can handle.
- I am here now. I’ll be there later.
- By being present, I am creating + shaping + influencing what happens next.
- In this moment, I am a laser beam of lucid attention and intuition.
- Presence holds power. I am present. I am powerful. I am a powerful presence.
- I am here. I am now. I am enough.
… + 3 THAT YOU CAN SAY TO SOMEBODY ELSE:
- Right here, right now, the only thing that matters to me…is you.
- I hear you. I see you. And what you have to say matters to me right now.
- I choose to be here, now…with you. And I’ve made the best choice.
What do you do to alleviate the experience of over-ing and under-ing….?
Neshika Bell | www.neshikabell.com